The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) are actively monitoring the outbreak of a new coronavirus strain called COVID-19, or coronavirus. COVID-19 causes respiratory illness and is thought to spread mainly from person to person through small droplets from the nose when an infected person coughs or exhales. As of March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization has declared the situation a pandemic.
Here are the steps you can take to protect yourself and others:
- Clean your hands often with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick or exhibiting symptoms
- Stay home if you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your arm or a tissue
For more information on COVID-19, review the CDC website.