REI offers you a comprehensive benefits package that supports the needs of you and your family. Read this guide to explore our quality medical plans and health and wellness solutions.
Enroll in Benefits
Are you eligible to enroll? Have you reviewed your options? If so, read on to learn how to enroll in coverage. If you’re not eligible, take a look at the Affordable Care Act resources to learn more about your options.
If you have reviewed your options and are ready to make your benefit elections, follow these steps:
- Go to hr.REI.com. If prompted to log in, enter your REI username and password.
- If you are locked out or not sure what your REI username and password are, please reach out to the Help Desk at 1-800-999-4734, ext. 5915.
- Select Menu at the top left-hand corner > Click the Myself tab > then click on Life Events
- Select the Life Event that corresponds with your situation
- For example, if you are a new hire or newly eligible for coverage select LE01: I am a new benefit Eligible Employee
- The system will walk you through your options. Be sure to have Social Security numbers and dates of birth on hand for your family members if you plan to enroll them for health coverage.
- When you’re ready, submit your choices and print your confirmation statement for your records.
If you have questions or need help, contact the Employee Service Center at 1-800-999-4734, ext. 4747 (Mon. to Fri., 8 am–4:30 pm PT) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a reminder, if you’re a newly eligible employee, you have 30 days from when you become eligible to enroll or waive coverage.
If You Don’t Enroll
If you don’t enroll within 30 days of your hire date or becoming eligible:
- You’ll be automatically enrolled in the REI Saver Medical Plan for You Only coverage. You’ll remain in the REI Saver Medical Plan for the entire year.
- You won’t have dental or vision coverage, and your family members won’t have any coverage through REI.
Making Changes to Your Benefits During the Year
You can only make changes to your elections if you experience a qualified life event.
Examples include family changes (like marriage, divorce, birth, adoption and death) and changes in residence or jobs that affect benefits eligibility or coverage.
You have 30 days from your qualified life event to make changes. If you miss your 30-day window, you will need to wait until Benefits Open Enrollment to make changes.
Contact the Employee Service Center at 1-800-999-4734, ext. 4747 (Mon. to Fri., 8 am–4:30 pm PT), or email email@example.com.
See the Summary Plan Description (SPD) for more details.