Care on the go, when you need it, where you need it. Best of all, you can get care at home to limit potential exposure to viruses in physician offices. With telemedicine, you and your enrolled dependents can talk to health providers through phone and video chat. Check out the benefit below and register today.
Teladoc (REI Saver and Choice Medical Plans)
If you and your covered family members are enrolled in the REI Saver or Choice Medical Plan, you can use Teladoc. Teladoc is a national network of U.S. board-certified physicians, pediatricians, behavioral health specialists and dermatologists who are available on demand, 24/7. Through this service, take care of non-emergency medical issues via phone or online video consultations.
How It Works
It’s easy to use—just follow these steps:
- Request a visit with a doctor anytime, 24/7, via web, phone or mobile app. Go to teladoc.com/aetna or call 1-800-835-2362 to sign up.
- Discuss your symptoms with the doctor.
- If medication is necessary, the doctor will prescribe it at the pharmacy of your choice.
Teladoc diagnoses, treats and prescribes medication for a wide range of conditions:
- Colds and flu
- Skin infections and rashes
- Pink eye
- Sprains and strains
- Mental and behavioral health issues
What It Costs
You pay per session and the cost is applied toward your deductible. Once the deductible is met, coinsurance applies.
- Primary Care Provider: You pay $40 per session and this cost applies toward the deductible.
- Behavioral Health Specialist: You pay $0 per session through September 30, 2020.
- Dermatologist: You pay $75 per session and this cost applies toward the deductible.
In most instances, you pay less for a Teladoc consult than you would for an office visit with your primary care physician or dermatologist.
Telehealth (Kaiser Plans)
If you and your covered dependents are enrolled in a Kaiser medical plan, you have access to Telehealth. Register at kp.org/registernow or download the Kaiser Permanente mobile app to access the video, e-visit, email and online chat features. Call the number on the back of your membership card for more details and for advice on the appropriate care option.