Expanded Services During COVID-19 Time Period
Under REI’s VSP plan benefits, enrolled employees are covered for a routine comprehensive eye exam, once per year. The routine eye exam tests for the overall health and wellness of your eyes and identifies the prescription for glasses.
Available through May 31, VSP is expanding access to a supplemental benefit called Primary EyeCare. Primary EyeCare goes beyond routine eye care and provides additional coverage for medical and urgent eye care services. The VSP Primary EyeCare Plan provides supplemental coverage for non-surgical medical eye conditions, including:
- Sudden vision changes or vision loss
- Eye trauma
- Pink eye
- Foreign body removal
- Other symptoms that interfere with or significantly hamper day-to-day activities
This coverage allows enrolled employees who are experiencing medical eye issues to visit VSP doctors for services, rather than seeing a primary medical provider or visiting an emergency room.
REI’s vision plan administered by VSP pays benefits for covered services such as eye exams, frames and lenses from any licensed vision care provider. You’ll get the highest level of benefits when you use a participating VSP provider. To find one near you, go to VSP’s website or call VSP member services at 1-800-877-7195. Your medical plan might also offer some vision benefits, so be sure to check.
Here are some other important details:
- You can enroll in this plan even if you do not have REI medical coverage. You can choose it for yourself only or for yourself and your family members.
- Costco Optical is an approved network provider. However, not all optometrists are in network. Contact VSP at 1-800-877-7195 for additional details.
- You will not receive a vision ID card in the mail. Simply let your vision provider know that VSP administers your vision benefits. REI’s group number is 12149216.